I wanted to be able to make homemade subway sandwiches with homemade subway bread rolls. I'm trying to pinch pennies and I'm not a big fan of the store bought sub rolls anyway, so I set out to find the perfect recipe. I found a few that were good and tweaked the recipes until I got it just right. The result is absolutely delicious! Warm, soft, yummy, fresh baked subway rolls, just what I wanted.
Perfect sub sandwiches. I sliced this one in half, put ham and cheese on it, set my oven to broil and toasted it for a few minutes until the cheese was melted, then removed and added my favorite toppings. YUM!!!
Subway Bread Rolls
- 1 ½ C. warm water
- 1/3 C. honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C. butter, melted
- 5 ½ C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. yeast
- Add ingredients to breadmaker and run dough cycle.
- Divide dough into 8 even sections. Form into a subway roll shape, about 6-8 inches long.
- Place on two greased cookie sheets and put 4 rolls on each.
- Cover and allow to rise until double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly and serve with your favorite Subway sandwich ingredients.